Annually, the AEF holds an art contest to design the front of a note card. These note cards are then used to offer words of appreciation and thanks to AASD staff and faculty during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Last year the AEF received artwork from over 50 students. Our volunteer committee had a tough job selecting the 2013 winner. A lucky (and talented) first-grade student from Classical Charter School won the opportunity for her drawing to be on the front of the card.
Now, we are looking for the artwork for the 2014 edition. Here is the informational flyer. Entries are due in the AEF box in each elementary school office by noon on Monday, February 24.
The rules are pretty simple:
• Make a pen or pencil drawing with a general school theme
• Avoid using the word “teacher” because the cards may also be given to school secretaries, educational assistants and other educators
• Do not include a school name, mascot or slogan
• Do your drawing on 8½” x 11” paper
• Drawing may be in color
• Do not trace or copy your drawing
• Put your name, school and grade on the back of your drawing
• You may enter one drawing
• Correct spelling is important
It doesn’t get better than that. Does it?
If you have any questions, please contact the AEF office. You can reach us at 920-832-1517.