Students and staff at Appleton West High School have long benefited from alumni support. Alumni from the Class of 1941 formalized their commitment to their alma mater by endowing a fund within the Appleton Education Foundation.
Led by William DeLong, the Class of 1941 Fund started as a future fund in 2006. Unsure of how the idea would go over with his classmates, Bill hoped to surpass $10,000 within five years. Ten years later, the fund is well over $10,000 and is a permanent designated endowment fund. Appleton West High School receives grants from this fund each fall.
West staff reviews educators’ requests and determines which projects receive support from the Class of 1941 Fund.
The school’s 60+ member Book Club (pictured right) benefited from a Class of 1941 Fund grant in 2016.
Contact the AEF office to learn more about establishing a fund with the Foundation.
920-832-1517 or email